With a study of the town’s geology by Professor Geoffrey Walton
By Lois Hey
The history of the Cotswold town of Charlbury, from pre-history to the present day.
Illustrated with many historical photographs from local collections.
From earliest days
The Manor of Charlbury and Eynsham Abbey
The Lees of Ditchley as Lords of the Manor of Charlbury (1590–1776)
The President and Scholars of St John the Baptist College, Oxford, resume the Lordship of the Manor (1776–1857)
The owners of Cornbury as Lords of the Manor (since 1857)
Schools, dissenters, gloving, pubs
A new century
A geological view of the history of Charlbury, by Professor Geoffrey Walton
£8.99 pbk 144 pp 978-1-902279-03-9